What is a prescription drug discount card and what are its benefits?
A prescription discount drug card was established in response to the many requests for assistance for the uninsured and underinsured with their prescription needs. The prescription discount drug card saves the cardholder an average 15% on brand name medications, and 55% on generic medications. The prescription discount drug card is accepted at over 80% of pharmacies in the US and its territories, including Puerto Rico. Anyone can use the prescription discount drug card, regardless of age or income. The prescription discount drug card can allow someone to fill a prescription when they may normally go without.
Some facts about prescription discount drug cards:
- The card is Free; active and ready to use and never expires;
- It is a bearer card – whoever has it can use it;
- One card can be used by an entire family;
- There is no collection of personal information ever; no application necessary;
- Does not have any restrictions for use, except that it cannot be combined with insurance;
- Covers all FDA-approved medications and many Lifestyle meds such as erectile dysfunction, obesity, fertility, etc.;
- Provides an average savings of up to 15% for brand meds and 55% for generic meds;
- Can be used at 80% of national and independent pharmacies in the USA and its' territories.
- Provides an online drug and pharmacy lookup for comparison shopping;
- Can be used for medications not covered under your formulary;
- Can be used in the Medicare Part D coverage gap (donut hole);
- Top quality, major pharmacy Mail Order Service available;
- And there should be a mobile app available for your smart phone!